So you want to visit Malaysia? Somehow the Southeast Asian country has popped up on your radar, or you’re just in the neighbourhood and think it’s worth a stamp in your passport do you? Well thank goodness you found this article first, because i’m here to tell you 10 reasons why you should NEVER visit Malaysia.
But how can you trust my opinion?
Well, I’ve only spent the last 13 months living in this awful country and my wife and I have travelled all over it, going up and down desperately searching for places worthy of a photograph, or a story…We’re still living here in fact, barely scraping out a living, wallowing in the filth and not having fun at all. All for your sake.
Perhaps the best way to show you why you should NEVER visit Malaysia is to recruit my Instagram feed, but at the end of the day you’ll need to judge for yourself.
Without further adieu…
1. MALAYSIA HAS THE WORST BEACHES. EVER.
2. MALAYSIAN PEOPLE ARE LAZY.
3. MALAYSIA HAS THE WORST SUNSETS.
4. AND DON’T GET ME STARTED ON THE SUNRISE’S.
5. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO CULTURE / HISTORY IN MALAYSIA.
6. ALL THE FORESTS ARE GONE. ONLY PALM TREE PLANTATIONS REMAIN.
7. THE PEOPLE HERE ARE SO UNFRIENDLY.
8. MALAYSIA HAS NO COFFEE CULTURE.
9. KUALA LUMPUR, THE TWIN TOWERS? OVERRATED.
10. YOU CAN’T DO ANYTHING OUTDOORS IN MALAYSIA.
Now that you’ve seen the evidence for yourself you’ve probably realised that I’m being wildly sarcastic. The title should probably read: 10 reasons why you absolutely HAVE TO visit Malaysia.
There is so much beauty, culture and warmth here that if you are in the neighbourhood, you would be doing yourself an injustice not to stop over and even if you aren’t, Malaysia has some of the best islands and beaches in the world and the life underwater is just spectacular. Scuba divers have known about Malaysia forever but the rest of you probably haven’t.
It’s not just about the island’s and beaches however, (though admittedly they are our favourites) the first places we fell in love with were Penang, Malacca and even Kuala Lumpur.
So come on over and say hi to us!
News Source:(Vaughan McShane)